Recommended tracks for sailling
Jizera is a beautiful river, offering the best conditions for both experienced watermen and beginners. Let’s have a look at the favourite routes and choose trips for half a day, one or more days. TIP: You can also rent a boat for short romantic sails up the weir in Malá Skála or Dolánky.
A half-day route:
From Malá Skála to Dolánky
- The length of the route: 9.1 km, approximately 2.5 hours
- Start: Žlutá Plovárna Malá Skála Destination: Dolánky u Turnova
- Parking, refreshment and toilets: In Žlutá Plovárna in Malá Skála, in the restaurant and guest house Křížky, in Sport area Dolánky in the destination
- The way back: on a scooter via a newly opened Greenway cycle path (approx. 1.5 hours) or by train along Jizera (10 minutes)
- Refreshment: Guesthouse and pub Křížky
OUR TIP: You can leave your car with change clothes in the final destination in Sport area Dolánky and get to the start of your journey on a scooter, which you can rent there.
1) From Malá Skála to Svijany
- The length of the route: 18.8 km (approximately 5 hours)
- Start: Žlutá Plovárna Malá Skála Destination: Svijany, under the highway bridge, up the weir
- Parking, refreshment and toilets: In Žlutá Plovárna in Malá Skála, guesthouse and pub Křížky, kiosk Dolánky u Turnova
- The way back: The drivers will be given a lift together with the boats, the other possibility is to take the train (the station – Příšovice u Turnova is approximately 1 km from the destination)
OUR TIP: Get to Žlutá Plovárna on your bikes; we will take them to Svijany for free.
2) From Spálov, through Malá Skála to Dolánky u Turnova
- The length of the route: 21.2 km (approximately 5 hours)
- Start: At the confluence of Jizera and Kamenice by the train station Spálov, Destination: Dolánky u Turnova
- Parking, refreshment and toilets: In Žlutá Plovárna in Malá Skála, the guest house and pub Křížky
- Logistics: Drive your friends/family to Spálov and return to Žlutá plovárna, we will give you a lift while transporting the boats. You can use scooters from our sport centre Dolánky for the way back from Dolánky.
- Refreshment: at tennis courts in Železný Brod, Žlutá plovárna, the guest house and pub Křížky, kiosk in Dolánky u Turnova.
OUR TIP: Use the possibility of taking the drivers to Spálov and renting scooters for your way back. We recommend sailing this route while there is a higher water level.
From Malá Skála to Březina
- The length of the route: 24.8 km
- Start: Žlutá plovárna Malá Skála, Destination: Březina – up the weir
- Parking, refreshment and toilets: leave your car in parking lot by Žlutá Plovárna (free parking for clients), refreshment in the guest house and pub Křížky or kiosk in Dolánky
- The way back: approx. 1 km from your destination is a train station, you can get back directly or with one change of trains, train station Březina
OUR TIP: Stay overnight in Camp Dolánky u Turnova and use the grills located here.